Friday, June 12, 2015

Good Luck to Our Seniors!!!!

Today we're showcasing our graduating Seniors, who we are going to miss so much! 

Bryce B.


Years in the HWC: 1

College: American University

Major: Strategic Communications

What will Bryce miss most about the HWC?: I’ll miss the people the most.

What will we miss about Bryce?: His awesome personality and his smokin’ hot looks….Also he’s my favorite and the nicest guy ever. <3- Jessie W.

Martha B.

 Years in the HWC: 1

College: NOVA and then William & Mary

Major: Biology and Pre-Med

What will Martha miss most about the HWC?: The spark of “Oh!” when a tutee finally gets something they didn’t before. AND Ms. Gillen/Hutton.

What will we miss about Martha? Her super amazing smile!!! J - Jaiden C.

 Sam C.

Years in the HWC: 3

College: Virginia Tech

Major: International Studies

What will Sam miss most about the HWC?: What I'm going to miss most is seeing and working with some of my best friends as tutors everyday!

What will we miss most about Sam? He knows and cares a lot about everything he does, and that spreads around to everyone else. He’s the heart, soul, backbone, and major internal organs of the HWC. – Marcus and Sofia

Patrick G.

Years in the HWC: 1

College: Christopher Newport University

Major: Computer Science or something.

What will Patrick miss most about the HWC?: Chick Fil A.

What will we miss about Patrick? His humor and his fashionista style. His music choices are on fleek. <3 –Jessie W

Matt L.


Years in the HWC: 2

College:  Virginia Tech

Major: Physics

What will Matt miss most about the HWC?: Tutoring people and pizza Fridays.

What will we miss about Matt? I’m going to miss his awesome pieces of writing and sitting next to him for the year.- Lindsey R

Lennon M.

Years in the HWC: 2

College: James Madison University

Major: Psychology

What will Lennon miss most about the HWC?: Ms. Hutton, Mrs. Jewell, and the writing center family.

What will we miss about Lennon? His sarcastic remarks, his lackadaisical attitude, and his killer playlists. - Emma

 Danny V.



Years in the HWC: 3

College: Carnegie Mellon University

Major: Biomedical and Mechanical Engineering.

What will Danny miss most about the HWC?:I am going to miss being able to walk out of the writing center each and every day feeling like I have made a significant and measurable impact to help the students at HHS. I will also miss hanging with my brother during lunches.

What will we miss about Danny? I will miss Danny’s sense of humor and the way he tied the class together with his charm and wit.- Robbie D. I will miss having a stolen lunch. –Danny’s brother Patrick V.
 Shelley Y.




Years in the HWC: 3

College: Cornell University

Major: Chemical Engineering

What will Shelley miss most about the HWC?:  The amazing friends I have made. It was wonderful to be apart of such a loving Writing Center community.

What will we miss about Shelley?: I will miss her sweet personality and amazing tutoring skills! She’s someone who makes a perfect role model for both HWC tutors and students in general. I’ll definitely miss her kind smile and presence, but I know she’s headed for greatness!- Emily G

 Olivia L.

Years in the HWC: 1

College: Virginia Tech

What will we miss about Olivia? I’ll miss how friendly she is to everyone and how easy it is to have a conversation with her. –Niki P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Ivy League School" by Monica Cody

When I was a young child, I knew that I wanted to go to Harvard. To study what, I don’t know. I barely knew what Harvard was, other than th...