Friday, October 24, 2014

"Smelly Days" by William Shakespeare

Walking down the street, minding my own business, and suddenly, something overtakes my senses.  I smell something so horrid that it overwhelms my body and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  It smells like wet dog, a fish market, and vomit all wrapped into one.  Just getting one whiff of it could be deadly and leave you paralyzed for all eternity.  I try to cover it up by putting my shirt over my nose, but it still seeps through my clothes and I can still smell it.  Holding my breath only works for a limited amount of time before I need to breathe again.  I try to walk quickly, but that smell just follows me wherever I go.  My one question is, where is this smell coming from?  Looking up and down the street, I see nothing out of the ordinary except for this big fence I’m walking next to.  What sort of place or thing could be so vile that it actually smelled like this?  The scent of spoiled food and bad body odor fill up my nostrils as I keep walking.  I smell myself to make sure it’s not me.  And, silently thanking the Heavens, it isn't.  Wouldn't that be embarrassing?  My only mission right now is to locate where this smell is coming from so I can get as far away from it as possible.  I take one quicker look around before I realize something.  Behind the huge fence I have been walking next to is a huge dumpster site where all the neighbors throw away their trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Ivy League School" by Monica Cody

When I was a young child, I knew that I wanted to go to Harvard. To study what, I don’t know. I barely knew what Harvard was, other than th...